Small group music therapy for seniors 60+ who have dementia or other cognitive disabilities living in the community. Goals of the group will be based in assessment but may include increasing positive social interactions, creating friendships, increasing communication, gentle movement, and an increase in self expression and positive emotions. Clients may join independently or with support.
Facilitated by Mary, MTA, RP (Qualifying). Program is 8 weeks, $200.00 per client.
- FALL SESSIONS
- September 7 – October 26, 2022
- November 1 – December 21, 2022
What are the goals of Musical Minds?
- Decreasing anxiety and providing relaxation
- Creating connections to self and loved ones through memory
- Mood enhancement and alleviation of depression
- Cognitive and sensory stimulation
- Increasing socialization
- Increasing overall quality of life
What do we do in Musical Minds
Participants will be encouraged to engage in active music making, including singing, playing instruments, improvising, writing songs, moving to music, and having discussions and conversations with peers.
Interested in Musical Minds? Connect with us today.