Sing it Girls™
Many young women love to sing just for the fun of it, so we’ve integrated some great calming strategies with an interactive program for female identifying youth. Specifically designed to help them cope with worries and anxiety, this is the perfect time to try the program. They learn to nurture their love of music while taking care of themselves.
Many of the participants say they still use the skills they developed in Sing it Girls™ to deal with their emotions and stressful situations. Particularly with deep breathing and progressive muscle relaxation. They have also said they feel safe and supported in the groups. Let’s sing together!
We are offering online groups in January 2021. Space is limited!
Online Program is 6 weeks; $80.00 per family.
- Ages 9-12 Tuesdays 5:30-6:15pm January 5 – February 9; February 16 – March 23; March 30 – May 4, 2021
- Ages 6-8 Thursdays 4:00-4:45pm January 7- February 11; February 18 – March 25; April 1 – May 6, 2021
What does a Sing it Girls™ session look like?
This group is led by an Accredited Music Therapist (MTA) who will guide the participants in:
- learning to sing with proper vocal technique
- exploring favourite songs as a group
- using breathing to help with stressful situations
- fostering a sense of community during periods of social isolation
Check out the Sing it Girls™ website for more information on why the program is so effective and fun for girls. singitgirls.ca
Why Girls Love the Sing it Girls™ Program:
“I like the place where the sessions happen. We can say our feelings about school or let everyone know what we are stressing about and then we can find solutions with music and breathing.”
“I like it when we are warming up for singing.”
“I love the Sing it Girls original songs that we create.”
“My favourite part was being able to feel comfortable and safe sharing my thoughts/opinions.”
Interested in Sing it Girls!? Connect with us today.